An effective training program is an important element to creating a positive work environment. Here, we outline 10 tips for your organization to excel in a professional development environment.
- Use variety: Using various forms of media and strategies to present information will help your trainees retain more information. Tip: Remember different material needs a different pace.
- Use repetition: Providing a recap of information annually or semi-annually will help them retain the information. Tip: Utilize photos, images, and icons to spark their memory.
- Ask for feedback: Asking your employees for feedback is a great way to confirm that they are understanding the material and learn how to improve the training further. Tip: Getting feedback can be in the form of quizzes or informal conversations.
- Administer small doses: Having the training material spread out will enable your employees to retain more information. Tip: Having a tip of the day will help!
- Apply knowledge right away: Having your employees exercise their knowledge afterward will reflect the level of retention and understanding in the training. Tip: Have them utilize their new skill(s) within two weeks of introduction.
- Make it interesting: Personalizing the training and making it interactive will keep your employees interested. This, in turn, will have lasting benefits that will bring long-term benefits. Tip: Read the material out loud and make sure the language is concise and clear.
- Use training experts: Finding a third-party to conduct the training will provide great benefits, as they are specialists in the field and have the best practices. Tip: Utilizing a gamification learning and development company will satisfy almost all the tips listed in this article.
- Use your vendors/partners: Allowing your vendors or partners to come in and present new information to your employees will bring new life to information.
- Use a matrix: Having a spreadsheet that indicates the progress of training between the employees can have a motivating effect. Tip: Make sure progress is accessed fairly and everyone has an equal chance of progressing.
- Give everyone a chance: Making sure that each individual feels important and worthy in the company is critical for building morale in an organization. Tip: Provide positive feedback to all employees when the time comes.
For the full article, please click here.
KNOLSKAPE’s award-winning simulations uses experiential learning and gamification to attract, grow and retain talent. Global Fortune 500 companies and Top-10 B-schools use KNOLSKAPE’s products and solutions for on-boarding, training, assessments, and talent engagement strategies.
With gamification software in the learning and development space, organizations are able to receive a variety of learning exercises, reinforcing lessons, analytical feedback forms, immersive and engaging material, and a leadership board; all of which were created by specialists.
Published by: KNOLSKAPE in Blog