What makes an effective training program? Why is the traditional classroom method and model so widely used, when we have long identified and understood its problems and contradictions?
Traditional training fails to offer significant value as a leaning experience, especially since human beings only retain 10% of what they are taught in a traditional learning method.
For this reason, organizations today must aim to create training programs that are innovative and allow all types of employees to maximize their learning potential while gearing their experience towards their particular interests.
Here, we provide five important characteristics of effective training programs that must be kept in mind to ensure best results in an individual and organizational level:
1. Personalised- allow for the organization of information into packages for different types of people and their individual requirements.
2. Inquiry Based- allow for learners to share and comment on different sources of information and experiences, thus working together to solve issues and share advice.
3. Collaborative- allow participants to work with others and thus enhance their learning experience. Teamwork is crucial to any organization and training programs should foster this type of work ethic.
4. Interdisciplinary- always ensure that training programs incorporate various different areas of knowledge, not just the person’s area of expertise.
5. Networked- ensure that as many people as possible can use the resources you provide, anytime and anywhere. There is now a big shift towards working remotely, and this is the first step to provide that invaluable opportunity for your workforce.
These five characteristics can undoubtedly help revamp your training program and multiply its effectiveness. Click here to read more about the importance of having these features in your training programs and how you can incorporate them in your organization today.
KNOLSKAPE’s award-winning simulations uses experiential learning and gamification to attract, grow and retain talent. Global Fortune 500 companies and Top-10 B-schools use KNOLSKAPE’s products and solutions for on-boarding, training, assessments, and talent engagement strategies.
With gamification software in the learning and development space, organizations are able to receive a variety of learning exercises, reinforcing lessons, analytical feedback forms, immersive and engaging material, and a leadership board; all of which were created by specialists.
Published by: KNOLSKAPE in Blog