The client is a global management consulting and professional services firm,providing solutions in strategy,technology,digital and operations. Operating in more than 40 countries worldwide, the client services two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies. India, which has over 130,000 employees across services and consulting across several industry segments, is one of the most important geographies for the company.
As part of its talent acquisition strategy in India, the client routinely recruits from top B-schools around the country. While doing so, it competes with other consulting and technology firms, who also vie for the same talent pool.To stay ahead in the competition for talent, the client was looking for a differentiated and high impact engagement initiative at B-school campuses,with the objective of building a brand for itself.
- The client needed an initiative that would create its strong brand presence among potential campus recruits as a preferred employer
- Engaging campus recruits solely during recruitment drives yields low ROI as potential recruits show loyalty to the highest bidder
- High impact, high engagement, and highly technology driven engagement was required to simultaneously engage thousands of potential hires across B-schools in the country
- To help the client position itself as a preferred employer, KNOLSKAPE designed a 2-day experiential campus engagement initiative much ahead of the recruitment season, to enable brand recall and create substantial engagement about students.
- The engagement initiative was spread across 7 top B-schools across the country and comprised four key elements:
- Stage 1:Mobile Quiz – As a qualifying round, participants were quizzed about the client, their brand values, business and history
- Stage 2:Business simulation round – As a ranking round, teams played a KNOLSKAPE business simulation. Teams with the highest scores progressed to the next stage
- Stage 3:Face-to-face presentations – Supplementing the business simulation round, qualifying teams had to present a business idea to a panel from the client organization along with an execution plan
- Stage 4: Grand Finale – The top 6 teams competed in a complex business simulation, and the team that performed the best was deemed the winner
- The entire solution was hosted on KNOLSKAPE gamified LMS platform, which could be accessed on both web and through a mobile app
- As the scoring, ranking and shortlisting were completely automated, the client could conduct the event simultaneously across the country
- Simulations on Strategic Execution and Change Management served to assess the participants on their leadership behaviors, enabling the client to make better hiring decisions
- Branding -The client was able to successfully brand itself as a preferred employer, as the engagement helped in creating attention and brand value among potential recruits
- Loyalty – As students engaged with the client even before the recruitment cycle, the client was able to develop trust and loyalty from the students towards the organization
- Larger reach – As the engagement was technology driven, the client could simultaneously reach a large student base, across the country, lowering costs, time and effort
- Improved Decision Making - The gamification mechanics incorporated into the initiative generated high levels of competition, prompting students to put their best foot forward, and helping the client make better, more objective, and data-driven hiring decisions
Through this innovative idea, and the use of experiential technologies, the client was able to identify and connect with the brightest minds in the country, gather innovative ideas, create high impact engagement, and establish its own brand and loyalty among potential recruits. This mode of engagement proved to be mutually beneficial to the client, the B-schools and the students alike.
To read how KNOLSKAPE's solution delivered results, please fill the request form. We will send you the full case study.