Tata Business Support Services (TBSS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons, is one of Indian’s leading business process outsourcing companies, headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana. With 26000+ employees across 21 global delivery centers, TBSS caters to clients in Telecom and Media, Emerging, Government, Education, Retail, Manufacturing, and BFSI.
TBSS was established in 2008, and until 2016 the focus for L&D was to develop the lower levels within the organization. By 2016, the organization was growing at a rate of 15 per cent every year. A key need identified was to focus on leadership development, to prepare senior leaders to manage teams and business, groom the next level leaders, and develop TBSS’ leadership pipeline, to achieve their Vision 2020.
As a starting point, TBSS identified 12 promotion ready, high-potential senior managers vying for the role of Cluster Head, and a 15-18 months leadership journey was created to prepare them for their new roles. In order to identify who the 12 eligible senior managers would be, 23 high-potential senior managers were identified from 120 to be assessed on their ability and willingness to take on the new role, based on internal criteria.
- Traditional Assessment Center conducted previously for senior leadership rendered undesired feedback.
- Stakeholders unhappy with the way in which the traditional assessment center was conducted - severe logistical nightmares faced, huge overhead cost, heavy investment of time and inconsistency in assessment mechanism.
- Participants felt intimidated and anxious as if they were appearing for an exam, which adversely impacted their performance in the traditional assessment center.
- KNOLSKAPE’s Virtual Assessment Centre fully aligned with TBSS theme of digitization as part of their strategy for 2016.
- Senior leaders spread across 40 development centers across India could complete the assessments without compromising their work and deadlines
- Senior managers were assessed on competencies such as Change Management, Agility, Performance Orientation, Collaborative Outlook, Customer Centricity, Innovative Mindset, People Commitment and Corporate Citizenship, using 5 tools of KNOLSKAPE offered Virtual Assessment Centre, for a holistic view on their ability to take on the new responsibility.
Grace Powell, Head of Learning & Development, Tata Business Support Services:
“We were clear that traditional assessments would not work for us. KNOLSKAPE is the only vendor that came to mind for a new-age assessment solution, given their product capabilities, expertise and reputation. We are very satisfied with the entire assessment process and look forward to working with them again.”
- 45%cost saving when compared to traditional assessment centers
- 70% reduction in assessment co-ordination and execution time, with minimal business disruption
- Real-time feedback on simulation-based assessments that aided individual development
- Alignment of solution design and delivery with TBSS’s vision of embracing digital
- Higher accuracy because:
- Participants operated in a conducive, non-threatening environment that encouraged honest and better responses
- Each competency was assessed by more than one tool to establish consistency of behavior, opinion, attitudes, and beliefs
- Simulations provided an accurate depiction of the participant’s behavior in real life
To read how KNOLSKAPE's solution delivered results, please fill the request form. We will send you the full case study.